Finding Personal Information : How to Find Someone By Social Security Number

Finding Personal Information : How to Find Someone By Social Security Number

Hi, I’m Richard Goms from Salt Lake City,
Utah. We’re talking now about how to find a person using their Social Security number.
There are a number of reasons why you might want to do this. You might have lost track
of a family member, you have their Social Security number, you want to track them down.
You may have a list of children that you have a list of Social Security numbers for, but
you don’t know which one belongs to which. Or you may be an employer, ready to hire a
person, you want to verify their Social Security number. In order to look up a person who is
living by Social Security number, there are a number of websites that will allow you to
do this. Most of them charge a fee. However, the United States Social Security website
will allow you to look up ten numbers per day as a free service to American citizens.
It’s a little easier to look up an individual who is deceased. There is a Social Security
death index that is available online on many different websites. is one.
Rootsweb is another one. And, you can look up the individual by Social Security number
that way. You can then, if you’d like, to get more information you can order the Social
Security application from the Social Security Department.


10 thoughts on “Finding Personal Information : How to Find Someone By Social Security Number”

  • I can't find the correct web page for Social Security that shows the death index and the means for searching up to 10 names for free. Can you forward link please?

  • The SSA no longer has an option to search someone by SSN.

  • Connie Queen says:

    Yes sir my name is Connie and I'm having a hard time I don't know what I'm doing wrong trying to get the website up where I can actually put the social security number in to find the lost loved one I don't know what I'm doing wrong if you can please help me I would so so very very much appreciate if you could tell me more details or give me a link or something cuz It keeps leading me to these sites and it's nothing but a money thing that's all they want, this and they want that and to be honest I don't have that kind of money I'm disabiled and to be honest with you I'm not good with computers I do not know how to work a computer only by using my phone and I am not too good with that I don't know what to do but if you could please help me I would really appreciate it so much thank you so much and have a great day and God bless

  • Can I track down where someone works using this? I won a judgement in small claims court in Mississippi, but I have to track down where the defendant works so I can have their wages garnished because they didn't show up in court.

  • You can change your name, you do it through your local SS Office-in fact, you can have as many names as you want, as long as SS has your original one.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *